If you are receiving orthodontic treatment, it is unlikely you will experience an orthodontic emergency but it is better to know what to do just in case. If any of the following problems occur, please contact your nearest Angle House Orthodontics practice.
If a bracket or archwire breaks, contact us as soon as possible. We will advise you what to do.
In the meantime:
- If part of the fixed brace is broken and is causing irritation or rubbing, then apply the protective orthodontic wax to cover the offending component of the fixed brace to make the surface smoother.
- If your removable brace is broken do not wear it if it is uncomfortable or is at risk of being dislodged.
- If your headbrace is broken or keeps on coming loose, stop wearing it and contact us as soon as you can for advice.
- During an emergency visit, the orthodontist will make your brace comfortable. The broken brace may not be repaired until a later visit.
Whenever possible please contact us about emergencies during normal surgery hours. If you need to be seen on a working day, please get in touch as early in the day as possible.
Out of hours emergencies
In case of an emergency after 5.00pm weekdays, anytime over weekends and bank holidays please contact the following numbers for advice and treatment if necessary.
NHS 111 – calls to this number from landlines and mobile phones are free.
We are also members of a private out of hours emergency dental service for use by private and NHS patients. Please note there is a charge for this private service.
Private out of hours service numbers:
- For our Edgware, Enfield, Edmonton, Crouch End & Islington practices – 07661 001 236
For further information please contact the practice directly during normal working hours – Emergency contact information is available on the Practice Messaging service.
- Chingford: 020 8559 4272
- Crouch End: 020 8348 8220
- Edgware: 020 8952 4596
- Edmonton: 020 8803 0388
- Enfield: 020 8367 3441
- Islington: 020 3096 2009
- Ealing: 0203 0966 777
- Whetstone: 0203 1467 333