- Are used to undertake simple tooth movements
- Have delicate wires and springs that move teeth using gentle pressure
- Can be used in younger patients who may still have baby teeth present
- Are removed for sports and tooth brushing
- Are usually removable
- Are also known as growth modification appliances
- Can be used to guide the growth and development of jaws in children where there may be a discrepancy in the size of upper to lower jaw
- Can come as a pair comprising an upper and a lower brace
After you have a removable brace fitted it is likely to bear some points in mind:
- It is likely to be sore for 3-5 days
- Your speech will be different. Practice speaking with your brace in place or read a book aloud at home. Your speech will return to normal soon
- Always carry a case for the brace. Ring up for an appointment soon if your brace is broken or lost
- Treatment progress will be delayed if you do not wear your brace as instructed
We are a group of five specialist practices across North London providing highest quality orthodontic care...
We provide important information about our practices that will help you become familiar with orthodontics...
Orthodontic treatment can change your world. Having confidence in your smile affects every aspect of your life both...
Angle House Foundation is a registered charity (number 1145053) set up to help children in our local community.